I have a ton of swatches to share with you, so will have more of those coming up soon but I wanted to share some Money Smart Nail Art! I heard about this nail art contest where you had to come up with a money smart look so you can feel good with a do it yourself manicure instead of going out and spending lots of money on new clothes or a hairstyle or even paying someone else to do your nails! I'm a broke student so I'm all about coming up with looks on a budget so I jumped at the chance!
I decided to create a dotted v-gap look that looks a lot more complicated than it is. Let's run through how to do this!
- 2 polishes of your choice (I have used NYC Lexington Yellow and Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint)
- Any colour striping tape or regular tape cut into small strips
- A small dotting tool or a pen or a pin stuck into an eraser
- Gather your supplies and choose your two colours. (I accidentally grabbed Sally Hansen Blue Me Away instead of Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint for this picture)
- Paint a few coats of your base colour and allow to dry completely, I used a coat of Seche Vite to speed up the drying process
- Take your tape and cut pieces and line them up with the middle of your nail
- Take your contrasting colour and paint starting from the outside swooping up to create that curved line
- Remove the tape and clean up any excess polish you may have on your skin
- With your dotting tool and your first polish make dots along the curved line
- With your other polish place dots on the inside and going up your nail
- Clean up and add your favourite quick dry topcoat!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know if you have any questions or what you think! If you'd like to enter into the contest here are all the details.
Hope you're having a great day!